Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the effective functioning of the club. Learn about effective club service in Membership and Training .
Club Administration Accomplishments-
Our club’s strategic plan for Club Administration focused on initiatives to assure that club operations are organized, informative and fun. The Board met several times and members participated in a 3 year strategic planning session. The outcome focused on increased membership, camaraderie and fellowship.
1) Provide an Outstanding Program Incorporating the RI Monthly Theme – Our Program Chair developed a calendar with speakers and matched speakers to the Rotary theme for the month. Speakers came from various vocations, service organizations, entrepreneurial backgrounds with leadership skills. Rotarians and guests were informed, entertained and looked forward to the next week’s speaker. Many of our guests returned to become members. One of our speakers came back to join as an active member.
2) Maintain Communication for Members and the Community
- The club published a weekly informative and entertaining newsletter- the newsletter contained information about “what you missed at the last meeting,” which is a re-cap of the speaker’s message; recognized member birthdays; announced upcoming events and service projects; post information about the week’s upcoming speaker; post information from the RI website on international events; promoted the peace forum and international convention; promoted the District Conference
- The Club President wrote a weekly President message that addressed the Rotary theme , community projects, and reached out to all the members. The President added a personal meaningful story.
- The website was updated with photos and a calendar with updated information for members and guests- this encouraged members to check out the website on a regular basis
- The website included an updated directory for members only and user-friendly method of making up meetings
- The Sunshine Committee sends birthday and get well wishes to members
- Increased attendance at Club Assemblies by having a prize drawing for all attendees
3) Host Fun Fellowship Events to increase fellowship among members
- The Rotary year started with a bang on July 4th at a fellow Rotarian’s home with 90% attendance. There was a brief meeting followed by fellowship, ending the evening watching fireworks. The club hosted Langley Ukulele Ensemble (from Canada) at Dave and Buster with Rotarians from D5000.
- Other fellowship events included Rotarians and their families participating in social gatherings at a pizza house with jazz entertainment, dinner and Ballet Hawaii performance, Halloween costume party, Christmas party with members and guests who participated in the “ Toys for Tots” program. Every member brought an unwrapped gift for the program. 4 Marines came to join the party with their guests. Fellowship events showed a 90% participation. Other fellowship events will include a dance instruction social, wine social and barbecue cook-out at the meeting place.
4) Increase Camaraderie Sharing Common Interests
- Fun fellowship after every service projects
- Holiday and Aloha parties throughout the year
- Before and After Meeting Fellowship at the Waikiki Yacht Club
5) Develop the Aloha Club and Add Ambassadors as Hosts
Leis are presented to every guest. Every guest, especially those from out of town, are assigned an ambassador to host them- every member is met by greeters and the Ambassador takes them under their wing to assure that they feel welcomed. A follow-up message is sent to the guest after the meeting. The Guest Speaker is also hosted by a member.
6) Raise Funds for Future Projects- The club decided on a different venue and adapted the Jazz Under the Stars for this year’s fund-raiser. The outcome was a successful event, financially, and fun, enjoyed by the members and guests. The event had a Jazzy theme with jazz entertainment. The club had UH students entertain, donated funds to the UH Foundation. UH Rotaracts volunteered their talents to help with people power before and during the event.